Current Opportunities For Business Owners:
(click on name for details)
- Adopt-A-PlanterIt's Spring! Time to consider beautifying the sidewalk in front of your business.
Businesses with planters are required to pay a fee of $125 this year. They commit to planting, maintaining (including watering) and providing a little TLC to the flowers. Please note for the 2013 season there are no available planter left. Thanks to all participating businesses that help make downtown beautiful.
- Kiosk RentalMake your Business more visible, no matter where you are in the Downtown!
The Kiosk Advertising Program offers rental space for business advertisements/promotions located in the BRZ. The Kiosks are located in a number of locations throughout downtown. Each Kiosk has four sides for display advertising. The rental fee varies according to the side exposure of each Kiosk. The Kiosk's are rented on a yearly basis.
The Downtown Business Association manages the rental and installation of the signage for the program and reserves the right to approve or reject any promotional and/or informational advertising as deemed appropriate and prudent.
Click on the Kiosk for more information OR for specific locations and cost, please contact the DBA office.
- Special Event PromotionEvent Promotion
The DBA helps promote events outside the scope of advertising for the sole purpose of sales generation. This could include a festival, gala, celebration or a one-time or annual event such as a Grand Opening or Customer Appreciation. Something that involves more than three businesses (ex//block event or sidewalk sale) is usually also acceptable. Events may have a charity component such as United Way fundraisers, hot-dog sales in support of a specific charity, etc. Event examples - Fashion Show, Customer Appreciation, Sidewalk Patios, Community BBQ.
- Façade and Shopfront Improvement ProgramThe Downtown Business Association has set aside funds for a Facade and Shopfront Improvement Program for storefronts located within the business revitalization zone (BRZ). The program encourages commercial building owners and business operators to invest in facade renovations and storefront upgrades by providing grants to cover a portion of renovation costs.
Matching funding up to a maximum of $5000 per façade can be available for approved upgrade projects.
All projects must be reviewed and approved prior to start-up. Funding may also be available through the Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) Incentive Fund (see info on this page). If approved for funding under the Façade and Shopfront Improvement Program, businesses may apply to Community Futures for a low interest (prime plus 2%) loan matching the grant amount received.
For more information, see:
- Shop Local Shop Downtown ProfilesYou may have noticed our new Shop Local, Shop Downtown Business Profiles in our E-News and on our website. A new profile will be released every second Thursday in our E-News.
Giving your business a personality is one way to increase traffic flow into your business. It is our hope, that with these Business Profiles, we will give exposure to downtown businesses, and let potential customers know more about you, your product or service, and what makes your business special. We will be interviewing people who want to take part in our new Shop Local Shop Downtown profiles, and have a new profile highlighted in our E-News newsletter. Interested parties are asked to call Heidi at 403-340-8696 or email email@example.com.