Facade Program Receives More Funding
Posted: Thursday, April 19th 2012
For the second year, the façade and shopfront improvement program will help businesses of downtown renovate their store fronts.
The Board of the Downtown Business Association believes in the program and wishes to continue the successes from last year. They have decided to expand the program by increasing the funds available by $10,000 to a total of $40,000.00.
The program is aimed at business owners that have store fronts that face streets in the downtown BRZ. The DBA has set aside funds to encourage commercial building owners and business operators to invest in façade renovations and storefront upgrades by providing grants to cover a portion of renovation costs.
The program is intended to:
• Make streets a more inviting and interesting place to walk and shop by enhancing curb appeal
• Develop the natural assets of downtown by restoring the uniqueness, character and integrity of building’s street facing signage or facia
• Help building owners attract and retain tenants and promote the marketability of downtown businesses
• Contribute to the quality of life for residents, workers, visitors and to build civic pride
• Be a catalyst for larger scale building improvements and downtown investment
The program can provide a reimbursement of up to 50 percent of the cost of eligible renovations, up to a maximum of $5,000.00. With the increase in funds set aside, more businesses are eligible for these grants and therefore downtown will continue to be the vibrant and welcoming area that Red Deer citizens have grown to love.